Brake Fluid Exchange
Brake Fluid Exchange Procedure
- A technician will insert a test strip into the brake fluid to check for copper content as an indicator of fluid break down
- Indication of copper can mean there is corrosion within the hydraulic braking system
- If copper content is normal, our technicians will recommend fluid exchanges based on the suggested service by the manufacturer
- Old fluid is drained from the master cylinder and is exchanged with new DOT 4 high performance brake fluid
- Pressure and vacuum is then used to replace the fluid in all brake lines and calipers
- A technician will verify proper fluid levels and will test drive the vehicle to ensure proper function
Estimated Service Time
A fluid flush can take up to 1 hour.
*Time may vary due to severity of the repair or maintenance, and manufacturer specs. Check with your local Sullivan Tire and Auto Service for a true estimate.
Don't want to wait?Our FREE shuttle can drop off and pick you up at home, work, or your local shopping area at your convenience. Request an appointment with us today!