Oil Change 101
An oil change service is the simplest yet most important preventative maintenance service for your vehicle. Engine oil keeps all the moving parts in the engine operating smoothly and cleanses the engine of potentially damaging debris. The oil continuously circulates through the oil filter to keep the oil clean of debris that could harm the engine. Over time the oil filter loses its ability to clean the oil and both oil and filter need to be changed.
Benefits to Oil Change Service
- Keeps all the moving parts in the engine operating smoothly and cleanses the engine
How often Should I have my Oil Changed?
- For standard oil, we recommend changing the oil and oil filter every 3,000-5,000miles under normal driving conditions
- Many vehicles today come equipped with Synthetic Oil and this oil can last up to 10,000-12,000 miles
- We always recommend consulting your owner's manual for the recommended oil change service interval
Identifying a Problem
- Dashboard oil light indicator is on
- If you smell burning oil or see a leak under your vehicle, bring it to a qualified technician as soon as possible
- Increased engine noise
- Oil appears to be thick and black instead of transparent and brown