Belts and Hoses 101
Our ASE Certified Technicians have the expertise and experience to inspect belts and hoses no matter what type of vehicle you drive. We give you Peace of Mind Driving by offering a FREE Visual Vehicle Inspection and report of belts and hoses whenever you are in for service.
Rubber belts and hoses are crucial components to keep your engine running smooth and cool. They are also one of the most common items to fail. Potential leaks or cracks in a hose can result in the engine overheating, break downs and a degradation of the heating system in the cabin of the vehicle. Cracked or broken belts can result in the engine overheating or a failure of one the components that a belt drives such as the water pump, alternator, air conditioner or power steering. Failure of any of these items can result in vehicle break down.
Benefits to Belt and Hose Maintenance
- Keep engine running smooth and cool
- Damaged hoses or belts could result in engine damage or failure of one of the components stated above
How Often Should I have my Belts and Hoses Serviced?
- Belts and hoses should be checked at each oil change interval
- At the first sign of wear, hoses will need to be replaced immediately
- Some vehicle manufacturers recommend replacing the belts and hoses at certain intervals
- Check your owner's manual or we are always happy to look that up for you
- Low coolant light on your dashboard comes on
Identifying the Problem
- Cracking or missing belt grooves
- Squealing noise when engine starts
- Cracking, leaking, or softness when squeezing
- Bulging of the hose
- Check engine light or low coolant light on