Sullivan Tire operates two Bandag retread facilities in New England for your convenience.
- Bow, NH
- North Attleboro, MA
World-class application-specific retreads. That's what you get when you choose Bandag. For over 50 years, Bandag retreads have built a solid reputation based on a commitment to quality, innovation and a focus on improving both tire performance and your bottom line. Combine that with Sullivan Tire Truck Centers over 60 years in the business and passion for customer service, and you’ve got a winning combination!
It starts and ends with retreads that perform like new tires, at a fraction of the price. Specialized tread patterns for any terrain and next-generation compounds that resist wear and tear, earn you more mileage than ever before.
Retreading is also good for the environment as it “recycles” existing tires and thus we are using less petroleum.
Summary of Our Retread Process:
- Starts with a thorough initial inspection of casings for cuts, punctures, air pockets and other damage, and casings are repaired if necessary.
- Next the casings are scanned for separations that might affect performance, and the tires are buffed to remove the old, worn tread design. Damaged materials are removed and final repairs are made.
- New tread rubber is bonded to the casing at low temperatures to avoid stress and distortion.
- Then a final inspection is performed to ensure the tire is in perfect operating condition.
Our retread experts are happy to assist and consult with you on your retread needs for any size fleet. Contact us for a tour of one of our retread manufacturing facilities. You’ll be amazed at the process and commitment our folks have to safety and quality.
Protecting the Environment
- More than 800 tires per hour are retreaded with Bandag. In a year, this helps keep roughly seven million tires out of the waste stream.
- Bandag retreads require just 30% of the energy to produce as a new tire.
- Making a Bandag retread takes only seven gallons of oil, compared to 22 gallons required to manufacture a new tire.